Thursday, January 10, 2008

Living Online

Why doesn't everyone have a website? I don't mean a personal site, I mean businesses. The fam and I are moving from a relatively urban area (100,000 people. Yeah, I know, but in Montana that's as "urban" as it gets.) to a more rural area and nothing says "rural" like stepping 20 years into the past. I wanted to find out where to register to vote, but this town doesn't have a website. I wanted to look for apartments, but the town newspaper (at least they have a newspaper) cannot be found online. I wanted to look into T-ball/swimming lessons/Girl Scouts for my angel. No website. Golf course? No website. Are you seeing the theme here? There are some places that don't even take VISA!!
I do everything online. I go to school, pay my bills, do my shopping...everything! It looks like I'm going to get a glimpse of how people lived in the "good ol' days". (Like 1992.)
On the other hand, this is a small town. My angel can walk to school. I can bike to the store. They have charge accounts at the hardware store. And though not everyone will take my plastic, they will take my personal check. And there's something to be said for that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would have to agree with this monstrosity! Trying to plan a wedding from another state is a difficult task, without websites it's impossible!!!