Friday, February 20, 2009

28 days

No, I don't mean rehab! (Although they are similar...you can't drink and everyone keeps asking you how you feel.) I mean 28 days until the peanut arrives. Assuming he follows my carefully planned schedule. Anyone who has kids can probably give me the odds on that happening.

We've scheduled to be induced. Why, you might be wondering? Mostly because the husband has decided he would rather not deliver his son himself on the side of Interstate 90. My angel was born in about 4 hours, start to finish. That's pretty much a whirlwind labor experience, and I actually remember precious little of the whole thing. (Other than everything was happening too fast for me to get an epidural. That part I remember quite clearly.) At the time we lived about a half hour away from the hospital, if a person is willing to "fudge" the speed limit a little bit. Our current hospital is more like an hour and a half away. (80 miles of interstate and 10 miles to get through town) And apparently history has shown that second babies come even faster than their older siblings. So we-- myself, my husband AND my doctor-- would rather avoid any 911 calls and "I had my baby in the back seat of my Durango" news stories. This of course presupposes that the baby will agree to the terms. If he keeps his end of the bargain, and stays in until he is 39 weeks and 3 days, all should go according to plan. If he gets antsy, well, look for me on the 10 o'clock news.

5 comments:

WishingKristen said...

Holy Cow! Peanut will be born on the same day I get married??? I am very excited for you!

I hope you are doing well, and p.s. I will be "Cuneo" until after the Jamaica trip :) We don't need any trouble with the law.

Anonymous said...

Just to be safe, I would put seat covers in your car. Placenta stains are a bitch to get out, and it REALLY drops the resale value.

autumndaesy said...

Good tip, Ang. Maybe I should move some of the old quilts and towels from the camper to the car...just in case!

Holly said...

I can't wait to meet him! You know who needs to have a little boy cousin so he can teach him how to wrestle and sword fight. Lot's of love to you!!!

Anonymous said...

I like the plan....My vote is Peanut stays in until the 19th, as I'm not anxious to be the delivery-wagon driver with stuff going on in the back seat.... or would husband make that be the other way around? ;)
Sorry WishingKristen, looks like baby is going to trump wedding. :(
Looking forward to the new little bundle of joy! Love you-MOM