Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The next Top Designer

Have you ever seen a 7 year old host her own design show? My angel, who has always been good at playing by herself, has her own "Designed to Sell" show going on in her dollhouse. Complete with narration. If I sit quietly on the stairs, I can hear it now...

"I love what you've done with the curn appeal. Pink and white are my favorite colors. (I think she meant "curb" appeal) But you should add some flowers by the door. Flowers can sell your house."
"I love the kitchen, and the stayless-eel pliances, but you should hide your baby things. Buyers don't like baby things." (She has a point. Good thing FisherPrice upgraded to the stainless steel.)
"Is this the only bathroom? It needs to be refurnished. And buyers want and-sweet bathrooms." (I had no idea she even knew what en suite means! And it might be easier to "refurnish" a bathroom when the pieces are plastic and removable.)
"I like what you've done to this room. But I would add a canopy over the bed. And maybe get a cat."

Obviously, Mommy watches too much HGTV.

2 comments:

WishingKristen said...

This is hysterical! I love it, I too watch HGTV nightly.

Heather said...

I agree....HGTV is the bomb! Especially now since my computer died! I still haven't seen the episode yet that will show me how to turn my little craker box into a mansion! LOL!!!!